Technology is improving so many aspects of daily life, and it can make an enormous difference for your company whether you are a service-based organization or a delivery business. TripDAWG – The Customizable Fleet Management Tool from Vehicle Licensing Consultants is a unique fleet management telematics program that is customizable to meet the specific objectives of your fleet. It allows data to be analyzed so that you can make informed decisions in management, logistics, safety, and compliance. With TripDAWG’s innovative and integrated technological solutions, it has become the premier customizable fleet management tool to enhance efficiency, safety, and compliance in commercial vehicles.
With TripDAWG as the foundation of your fleet’s technology system, you can have peace of mind that your dispatchers, managers, drivers and other staff members are working together efficiently and collaboratively to best meet the needs of your company.
How Does TripDAWG Work?
Step 1: The first step in using TripDAWG telematics solutions is to install individual Geotab fleet telematics devices in each one of your commercial vehicles. Click here to read about Geotab’s innovative technology, and learn how it can increase the safety of your drivers and the productivity of your company.
Step 2: After the Geotab devices are installed in each of your fleet vehicles, you can use the TripDAWG program to gather and analyze data on the following:
- The health and reliability of each of your vehicles
- The regulatory compliance of your fleet
- Specific routes
- Areas for improved efficiency
- Driver safety
TripDawg also provides easy access to data reports, so you aren’t left feeling disorganized or frustrated trying to locate information when you need it.
GeoTab and TripDAWG Provide Security for Your Data
It’s the job of Geotab devices to collect data from each of the commercial vehicles in your fleet. Once collected, they use an ES256 encryption standard to encrypt the data and keep it private; this means you are able to safely and discreetly obtain the data without it being leaked or shared. It’s important that you are able to manage your fleet without the risk of any kind of compromised security or potential data loss due to cyber attacks. The TripDAWG telematics solution program helps your company easily gather and analyze the data so that you can quickly and easily figure out how to increase your business’s productivity and safety on the roadways.
What are the Main Benefits of TripDAWG Technology?
Because TripDAWG technology is providing your company with data in real time using the Geotab telematics devices, it can help you to save valuable money and time dealing with issues such as:
- inclement weather
- fuel management and cost
- cellular service black out spots
- road work and other road closures
- safety precautions and protocols
- parking solutions
- hazardous roadways or dangerous driving conditions
- asset tracking
- and more!
What to do About CSA Scores Being Below the Industry Standard?
If you have been struggling with safety violations and your company would like to have the data that it needs to decrease its CSA scores, the TripDAWG management telematics solution from Vehicle Licensing Consultants is perfect for this purpose. It can help you pinpoint problems across-the-board and communicate with your drivers to increase safety precautions and decrease violations.
Why Work With Vehicle Licensing Consultants?
At Vehicle Licensing Consultants we have a friendly and knowledgeable team that always goes the extra mile to optimize safety, sustainability, and productivity in the commercial fleet industry. For general inquiries, you can call us at 530-637-1696 or email us at email@example.com, and you can also sign up for our newsletter to learn more at the bottom of our website.
Each one of our staff members at Vehicle Licensing Consultants wants to help you implement the most helpful technology on the market today so that you can focus your time, energy, and attention on growing your business and meeting the needs of your customers.
DQMConnect™ allows you to be in control of your data at all times. All your information is stored on your servers and not in the cloud where it could be vulnerable. Our unique platform is designed to customize your data files with branding and logos to personalize all your documents like driver files and company information.
Online DQ File Storage Management
- Self-managed driver file management. You are in control of how your files are organized and stored. You can even add your own custom company documents. You can customize and standardize to fit your company. You are in control, always.
- This contrasts with many of the DQM competitors who offer this as a service. They take control of your DQ files, and they manage DQ file requirements and renewals for you.
- Automatic Archive Organization to retain FMCSA file retention requirements in mind
Smart Online Application for Drivers
- Take control of your hiring process.
- Recruiters can instantly qualify serious driver applicants.
- Enhanced, friendly applicant environment; turn more qualified applicants into drivers
- Simplify the DOT driver file requirements and expedite the driver onboarding process.
- Increase your hiring teams visibility and find more qualified drivers.
- On-board new commercial drivers and put them behind the wheel in a fraction of the time.
- Perfect for seasonal/agricultural drivers: update online application in minutes rather than re-apply!
Take the next step in Driver Qualification File Management by taking DQMConnect™ for a test drive. Contact us for more information or to schedule a live demo.
Our DOT Driver Qualification Management Software turns more applicants into drivers. Simplify and expedite driver onboarding. Renewal Management for HR and Fleet Managers. Automated reminders for driver renewals. Friendly driver portal; upload from smart phone to driver file.
News Channel Nebraska (NCN) shared VLC’s DQMConnect™ product announcement. DQMConnect™ is a driver qualification file management tool designed to serve fleet managers, HR managers, and safety managers with hiring, qualification, compliance, audits, and management.
The unique value of DQMConnect™ is that it is a self-managed software tool that allows companies to remain in control of their own driver files. The benefits are many and the reviews have been stellar. Visit Southeast Nebraska news and read the article they shared. Then, visit the VLC website and see what DQMConnect™ customers are saying about the value of this amazing product.
DQMConnect™ – The #1 Driver Qualification File Management Solution
Drive time into your day!
If your US-based operation employs professional drivers who operate vehicles weighing over 10,000 pounds, you are required by law to maintain Driver Qualification (DQ) files on every relevant driver you employ. To be specific, this includes:
- Vehicles weighing 10,001+ pounds
- Commercial vehicles that transport at least 8 passengers, including driver
- Any vehicle of any size transporting hazardous materials that require placards
As an aside, this also includes independent owner-operators. In this situation, you are considered to be both employer and employee in the eyes of the law and have all the same legal responsibilities as any other transportation company.
If any of these qualifiers includes your operation, it is critical to stay on top of your DQ files. These may be requested by authorities and investigators whenever relevant. In particular, should one of your drivers ever be involved in an accident due to their own error, a well-maintained DQ file that’s fully in compliance will be one of your best shields against legal liability.
For this reason, it’s highly advised that all transportation operations invest in DOT driver qualification file management software. Automation features and alerts make it much easier to maintain compliance while reducing your own workload.
What Goes into A DQ File?
There are numerous documents you are expected to maintain and update on a periodic basis to remain fully within legal compliance.
1 – DOT Employment Application
The original employment application includes numerous pieces of information which are required for your DQ file. And again, even if it seems silly for an owner-operator to fill out an employment application for themselves, this is a legal requirement.
The employee application should cover:
- The past three years of employment history, with no gaps in time which go unexplained. Any deviations such as time spent unemployed, or as a student, must be noted. Also, if the driver is operating a vehicle weighing 26,000 pounds or more, the requirement is ten years of history.
- All relevant records relating to the driver’s experience operating motor vehicles.
- Any accidents and other moving violations from the past three years. If none occurred, this should be noted.
- If the driver’s license was ever suspended or revoked during this period, this must be noted as well, or else include a statement saying that it has not.
Keep in mind, this application needs to be kept current and updated on an annual basis to reflect the most recent three-year period. (Or ten-year period for heavy truckers.)
2 – Medical certifications
Drivers are required to undergo physical evaluation and medical certification at least once every 24 months. It is the employer’s responsibility to demand these evaluations and keep records current. In certain situations, existing medical conditions may mandate more frequent evaluations to demonstrate the driver’s competency.
3 – CDL testing and certification documentation
The file should include a current copy of the driver’s CDL. If the position does not require a CDL, you need to include alternative certifications demonstrating their competency with whatever vehicle they operate. It is, again, your responsibility as an employer to maintain driver’s license compliance and be able to demonstrate the legal status of your drivers.
4 – MVRs and Violations
You are expected to maintain copies of the drivers’ Motor Vehicle Report (i.e., their driving history) for the past three years, including all states in which the driver has held a license. These should be updated at least once every 12 months.
5 – Safety Performance History Investigations
All drivers in DOT-regulated positions must have a safety history investigation, which includes contacting past employers. This should include:
- Written authorization from the driver to allow the investigation. Yes, owner-operators, you must grant yourself permission to investigate yourself.
- All responses from prior DOT-regulated employers. If a past employer fails to respond to the investigation request, this must be noted, along with documentation of how you attempted to contact them or otherwise obtain the information.
- If this is the driver’s first DOT-regulated job, this should be noted.
Better DOT Driver Qualification File Management Software Keeps You in Compliance
This is a lot of information to gather, review, and maintain – and the difficulty only grows with the number of drivers in your workforce. The best way to maintain compliance is with DOT driver qualification file management software. Modern solutions can automate many aspects of the process, give reminders when key documents must be reviewed/updated/renewed, and prevent any user errors maintaining compliant documentation.
DOT Driver Qualification File Management Software
Vehicle Licensing Consultants specializes in providing the tools that today’s transportation managers need to maintain compliance. DQMConnect™ puts everything you need in one place, with an easy-to-use interface.
If you struggle to maintain your DQ file, click here to learn more about DQMConnect™ or request a free 30-day trial.