careers at vlc
Current Positions Available
Customer Service Specialist
Position: Full Time in person
We are hiring Superheroes saving the day for our customers.
Ready to make a difference?
You will be part of a cohesive, friendly team helping our trucking customers achieve and maintain compliance.
Established in 2000, VLC is a fast-growing company who utilizes technology to provide elite customer service. Our three anchors: friendly, knowledgeable and simple ground us while our vision propels us supporting continued double-digit growth
As a Superhero in training, you will receive excellent guidance and have opportunities to grow at your own pace.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Advanced in MS Excel
- Proficient in MS Word and Power Point
- Strong Communication Skills – verbal and non-verbal
- Customer Service Skills
- Computer Skills
- Technical Support Skills
- Provide software support
- Uncover customer challenges and providing solutions
- Following up with prospective customers
- Prepare and process DMV applications
- Audit reports and forms for accuracy
- Collaborate with team members to solve issues
- Internet researching (DMV, FMCSA) to solve issues
- Effectively convey strengths and benefits of our solutions
- Training customers how to use technology
- Consult on DMV & FMCSA related questions
- Simplify the Ridiculous, both internally and externally
- Happy Team Attitude
- Critical thinker & problem solver
- Internet research and analysis
- Strong computer and telephone skills
- Natural Customer Service skills
- Detail oriented
Background and Experience
- 4-year degree preferred
- 4-year office / computer experience
- Experience in Commercial Transportation a plus
- DMV experience a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Human Resource Generalist
We are professional, agile, innovative and our goal is to provide a working environment that embodies our core values: caring, committed, capable, connected. We operate in a holacracy structure enabling self-growth and empowerment.
Work Environment & Benefits
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Healthy snacks provided
- Growth opportunities
- Wellness programs
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
Requirements and Qualifications
HR Generalist skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of HR administrative tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and analytically driven skills
Role and Responsibility
- HR Generalists will have a broad scope of responsibilities. These range from hiring and recruiting, onboarding, training, employee benefits and compensation, HR laws and regulations compliance and performance management.
- Participate in meetings with various members of the Company to discuss new policies, programs and/or recurring workplace issues.
- Contacting qualified candidates to schedule interviews and conducting interviews with other personnel.
- Address ethical issues or upcoming programs for employees.
- Manage workplace issues, guidance, process and procedural, up to and including the transition of employees from the Company
HR Generalist education and training requirements
- Team members and customers
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or other related field.
- Experienced in conducting successful recruitment procedures, and how to take care of all duties related to employee relations.
- Previous experience in other HR positions, such as HR Assistant, and/or other related experience
M-F: 9am – 5pm
Sat – Sun: Closed
2390 Lindbergh St. Suite 200
Auburn, CA 95602