Hello all and welcome to Team Week here at VLC! What? Nobody told you? That’s ok, here is the weekly goal: Dress in 70’s clothes all week, shiny gold clothing get’s extra points.
Ok, just kidding on the 70’s clothing.
But it is team week, kind of. Here at VLC, it seems every week is team week. In addition to each person’s everyday tasks, every week:
- Barry encourages each person to improve through failure and success.
- Sheryl listens to our ideas on how to make Gateway more helpful.
- Jannell and Patrice are always willing to use their expertise to help others with challenges.
- Emily helps guide us with her unique knowledge of accounting and VLC procedures.
- Doug offers ideas on how to make a process more efficient.
- Michelle uses teachable moments to guide others and point out issues.
- Christina and Jan do whatever is needed to support many people through our broad spectrum of our services.
- Ryan keeps drivers connected, so that our whole team can benefit from the data.
- Carrie Ann offers her kind words but also reminds us of the 7 P’s.
- Diane consistently looks for ways to align accounting and operation procedures to better our organization.
As the saying goes, there is no “I” in TEAM. But I am honored to be part of this team…a team dedicated to helping customers get on the road and stay there. As good a team as we are, there is always room for improvement, so consider these questions as we dive into the third week of February:
- What is your key role in this team?
- What are the top 3 character traits that you believe every teammate should bring to an organization?
- Of those top 3, which do you think you need to work on most?
Enjoy today’s kickoff and have a great week!
John Maxwell Certified Coach, Trainer, Speaker, and DISC consultant
Author: Change? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?
“They themselves are makers of themselves.” James Allen