VLC Manages FMCSA Clearinghouse
VLC is a third-party administrator. What this means is VLC will be able to run queries on your drivers and new prospects (as required by the FMCSA) through the clearinghouse.
Navigating through Federal Websites are not always the most user friendly. VLC has set up many accounts for both Companies and Drivers. We are able to navigate through out the application process with ease.
EPN | Employer Pull Notice
Companies based in California or have terminals in California and employee any of the below license types are REQUIRED to acquire an EPN Account through the CA DMV. An owner operator who is running under his/her own name (not as an LLC or Corporation) is exempt from registering an account.
Companies are required to keep the most updated Driver Record in their employee’s driver files.
A Driver Record will reflect:
- Individuals characteristics (height, weight, eye color, hair color, etc)
- DL Expiration date
- Medical Requirements (glasses required, hearing impairments, etc)
- Potential Safety Red Flags: Convictions, Accidents, Suspension. Revocations, Failures to Appear
Drivers will be enrolled under their employer’s company Account number. A new driver record is mailed (snail mail) to the employer when:
- When there is a change to a driver’s record
- Failures to Appear
- Driver License Suspensions or Revocations
- Any other actions taken against the driving privilege
The Benefits of an EPN Account
- Improves public safety.
- Determines if each driver has a valid DL.
- Reveals problem drivers or driving behavior.
- Helps to minimize a company’s liability.
Why VLC should be your EPN agent:
- We have a direct communication with the DMV electronically.
- Overall management of account (driver’s and invoices)
- No chance of mail being missorted or lost in transit to appropriate terminal
- 48 hour turnaround time compared to DMV standard 10-15 business days
- Reduce the use of paper and postage
- Ability to add and delete drivers from account with just an email to VLC
- Stored as Secure Electronic copies of all driver records
- Direct agent contacts with EPN department at DMV that is not available to the general public
- Invoice Auditing
Other services we provide
IRP Registration for interstate travel
Mileage and fuel tax reporting
California credentials in 24 hours
2290 Heavy Highway Use
Heavy Highway Vehicle use tax
FMSCA | EPN
Trucking industry titling