The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) establishes minimum performance and design standards for hours-of-service (HOS) electronic logging devices (ELDs). On June 24, 2022, FMCSA removed the ArionT ELD from the list of registered ELDs due to the company’s failure to meet the minimum requirements established in 49 CFR part 395, subpart B, appendix A. Motor carriers and drivers using ArionT ELDs have 60 days to replace the revoked devices with compliant ELDs.
Here are the specifics of the affected ELD product, model #, and ELD identifier:
ELD Name: ArionT ELD
Model number: AT5000
ELD Identifier: AR1ONT
ELD Provider: Arion Tech Inc.
This device now appears on FMCSA’s Revoked Devices list.
Motor carriers and drivers who use the ArionT device must take the following actions:
- Discontinue using the revoked device(s) and revert to paper logs or other logging software to record required hours of service data.
- Replace the revoked device(s) with compliant ELD(s) from the Registered Devices list before August 24, 2022.
These required actions provide motor carriers with up to 60 days to replace their ArionT devices with compliant ELDs.
Motor carriers and drivers who continue to use the revoked ArionT device listed above on or after August 24, 2022, will be in violation and drives will be placed out-of-service in accordance with the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) OOS Criteria.
If Arion Tech Inc. corrects all identified deficiencies, the FMCSA will place the device back on the Registered Devices list and inform the industry and the field of the status change. However, FMCSA strongly encourages motor carriers to take the actions listed above now to avoid compliance issues should these deficiencies continue past the 60-day grace period.
Vehicle Licensing Consultants has a solution for you. Check out the benefits of a TripDawg solution for your electronic logging needs:
- The TripDawg ELD is based on Geotab, one of the highest rated ELDs available
- TripDawg ELDs are always kept up to date with the latest technology and software releases
- TripDawg ELDs offer amazing expansion capabilities including:
- Dash Cams
- Weigh Station Bypass
- Asset tracking
- Fleet Maintenance
- Dispatch solutions
- And more!