How to Obtain Your Motor Carrier Permit & CA#
First step is to obtain your CA#
1. Download and complete your application
2. Fax, email, or Mail to Appropriate CHP Division (for out of California, send to “Commercial Records Unit”)
3. Call in 5 business days to check status of your application. They may be able to give you your new CA# over the phone.
4. A letter will be sent to your address with your new CA#.
Steps to obtain your Motor Carrier Permit:
1. Click to go to DMV Motor Carrier Application
2. The online application will help you calculate the appropriate fees.
3. Print, sign, attach payment, and mail.
4. Have your insurance company file your Liability and Worker’s Compensation (MC-65) to the CA DMV
5. Receive your permit in the mail from the CA DMV
M-F: 9am – 5pm
Sat – Sun: Closed
2390 Lindbergh St. Suite 200
Auburn, CA 95602